dimanche 18 avril 2010

PSYCHOPATHIC TERROR 230204 review

PSYCHOPATHIC TERROR (Finland) – 230204
CD 2008 – Temple of Darkness Records
8 tracks - 35'52
Rated: 7/10
Totally unknown band to me until I get this album from a friend who sometimes amazes me with his good musical tastes (and sometimes not!). And when you know this band contains two ex-DEPRAVITY you can suspect your ass is gonna suffer some serious kicks. This is their second record and the band started in 2002: surfing the old school death metal revival? Well I don't really give a fuck. PSYCHOPATHIC TERROR, even if from Finland, plays in the Swedish old school death metal with the typical massive sound. The first time I listen to « 230204 » I just thought it was another swedish act into retro death metal. Then listening to it more carefully I found a thrashy edge in their death metal with some cool riffs and nice arrangements. Heavily and putridely inspired by ENTOMBED's « Left hand path » the band doesn't reach the same graveyard atmosphere even if they are able to rock the local zombies. Surprisingly I didn't noticed any Finnish death influences, PT is totally in the swedish vein reminding me PAGANIZER with a similar guttural voice and the same chainsaw guitar riffs. PT is less primitive as PAGANIZER but nothing astonishing in terms of technicality though. Indeed a cool discovery.
Info: http://www.templeofdarknessrecords.com/
http://www.myspace.com/psychopathicterrorofficial

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire