dimanche 18 avril 2010

NECROTIC FLESH Gore gourmet Review

NECROTIC FLESH (Germany) – Gore gourmet
CD 2007 – MDD Records
10 tracks - 33'22
Rated: 5,5/10

A shame, I didn't hear about the release of this 2nd album by NECROTIC FLESH (interviewed in PEZ #2). I just exhumed it by digging the Sevared Records' store. I wonder why their shitty label didn't promote them much more instead of adding a censored cartridge to hide the gore artwork (welcome to Germany!). I immeddiately get it as their previous record was an nice Swedish influenced old school death metal. This « Gore gourmet » is maybe less marked by the Swedish touch, which is not a bad thing I think. NECROTIC FLESH is still rooted in the putrid death metal style with AUTOPSY and PUNGENT STENCH influences, with this dirty and crunchy guitar sound. The rasping vocals (reminding sometimes Ollie of DESECRATION) as well as the horror samples, strenghtened the gruesome vibe of the album. I also can compare some heavy parts to early SIX FEET UNDER releases.
Not a bad release but not a killer one either, some riffs can smell a bit outdated or are just lame to my ears. Those enjoying NECROTIC FLESH can get this new supper, they won't be disapointed too much, the ass kicking process won't hurt the others.
Info: www.necroticflesh.de

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire