dimanche 11 avril 2010

CUBENSIS Metaphysical impact Review

CUBENSIS (Fr) – Metaphysical impact
CD 2008 – 666 Production
10 tracks – 42’21
Rated: 0/10

CUBENSIS is a new band from France whose particularity is to have an ex-member of CRUSHER (a more or less cult act, the less I have heard from them never really create any interest, an average band if you ask me). No death metal here or something close to traditional metal, CUBENSIS is a modern metalcore band (you may know that I can’t really bear this kind of music but I will try to do an objective review so let call this trendy metal).
CUBENSIS mixed many elements of hardcore and pseudo-metal with an exasperating groove (jump mothafucka!). Some neometal can also be detected with the combination of screamed/hardcore vocals and clear ones. The most obvious influence is for me the ultra copied MESHUGGAH with the over abuse of repeated rhythmic guitar parts.
No need to say (but I still do it) this music is emotionless to me, nothing emanates from the tracks neither real fury nor personality. CUBENSIS just follows a wagon I would derail!
Of course the production is top notch (LB lab) but can prevent the music to be tasteless. I am probably the wrong person to review this shit, but to me it really sukks and deserves to end up in the trash! Another useless band to pollute our real underground scene that still has troubles to emerge due to shitty bans like CUBENSIS.

http://www.myspace.com/cubensisband

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire