dimanche 18 avril 2010

ANNIHILATION 666 / BLISS OF FLESH Split EP review

ANNIHILATION 666 / BLISS OF FLESH (Germany/France) – Worshippers of evil / Die
Split EP 2008 – W.T.C Records
3 tracks – 15'12
Rated: 3/10 – 6,5/10

I got this split EP thanks to the Spanish Dude, quite a surprise when you know he usually hates black metal and all the penguins related to, ahah! But that was the occasion for me to discover BLISS OF FLESH as their are from my country and I heard quite few things about their evil intents.
ANNIHILATION 666 (dude, what a cliché moniker! There weren't enough free demons names instead of that crap?) cut their veins through two tracks of rather common and cold black metal. DARKTHRONE is certainly among their idols and that's obvious musically, probably a bit more elaborated and close to the early black metal tunes of DARKTHRONE. Nothing astonishing though and that's not the bitch moaning on the second track that would prove the contrary.
BLISS OF FLESH simply crush their split mates with an interesting track « Die » lasting more than 8 minutes. I thought BLISS OF FLESH was a basic black metal act according to what I read here and there in various underground publications. Probably they started as a raw black metal band, but what I listen there is more of some black/death metal (the fact there are members of DEVIANT SURGEONS, brutal death metal from France, can also be an explanation). The track starts with a dark and cold introductive slow part (reminds me some early DEATHSPELL OMEGA) and then follows with a storm of furious black/death onslaught with guttural , screamed vocals (close to some ARKHON INFAUSTUS or the less known VORKREIST) and even shouted clear vocals. The death metal prevails here and I wonder if the band won't be labeled as satanic death metal. This track really satisfies me and surely I will get the full length being released lately « Emaciated deity ». They just have to practice what they preach for the sake of integrity.
Contact: No contact, only Satan knows...in fact there was no info sheet but try www.w-t-c.org

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire