samedi 3 avril 2010

Procession of Black Doom Zine #1 review

PROCESSION OF BLACK DOOM Zine #1 (Australia)
March 2008
44 pages A4 – English written

A new fanzine coming from Australia with a bunch of totally unknown bands and a quite appealing name, that was enough for me to get it. Well, I didn’t read through it totally because in fact I am not into the styles featured: black metal and a bit of doom (rather say black/doom).
Vrag Moj, the editor, is completely engulfed in the arts of deep darkness, and with this first issue, he featured many Australian bands, a first good point though.
The fact I said I wasn’t into this zine doesn’t mean it is crap. That’s just that I’m not fond of that kind of discussion, somekind of esoteric, intellectual or in-depth chats are no fun for me. The English is very good, that’s probably why I didn’t catch all the meaning, ah!
Of course you can read about the usual matters of bands’ creation or influences but I think it could have been asked with a bit more entertainment (or fun if you prefer whereas it’s true than fun doesn’t belong to black metal!).
The unholy ones featured are: CHAPEL, SAMAIN, MURKRAT, HEIDEVOLK, EREBUS ENTHRONED, DROWNING THE LIGHT, and many more. As you see, not the usual underground rockstars.
The reviews even if not numerous are precisely described to know what you’re dealing with, now you just to have to be into the style.
Beside of this, the editor wrote two extra musical long articles from two complete different grounds: “the anime works of Gainax” (a Japanese anime studio created by Hideaki Anno) and “Project chanology” (internet Vs scientology).
A well done zine with its own personality that should stay for some time in the scene as Vrag Mog seems motivated. To get convinced I must tell you that the second issue is on the way.
Drink beer and worship Satan!
Contact: PO BOX 35 – Enmore NSW, 2042 – AUSTRALIA
Raw.black.metal@gmail.com

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire