vendredi 2 avril 2010

Shrunken & Mummified Zine #9 review

SHRUNKEN & MUMMIFIED ‘zine #9 (Hungary)
Summer 2007
40 pages A4 – English written

If I say this is the best effort released by Erik, it can sound lame as I only own his two previous issues, but this is his most entertaining or at least my favourite so far. Despite the fact we share common interviews (DEATHEVOCATION & DISKORD) with my third issue (buy it before it’s too late, ahah!) Erik offers once again some worthy chats with undergrounds bands, be it thrash metal, deathmetal, grindcore or black metal. The ones focusing my interests of course are the moments with ETERNAL BLEEDING, STYGIAN SHADOWS zine, KILL YOUR FAITH, MOONFOG or MURK EXORBITANCE. The other acts featured (IRON BATASUNA, MARBLEBOG, OBSCENE GESTURE…) remains mostly interesting to read even if I would bet I wouldn’t be satisfied with their stuff.
The amount of reviews is impressive (around 200) in all format (CD, LP, EP, demo as well as fanzines/magazines). This is a majority of really underground stuff (do not expect the late DEICIDE CD review, you’ll be disappointed!), in a will of passionate investigation to find “the” underground jewel.
A freaky but funny interview with the biggest rip-off in the worldwide metal scene, unfortunately answered by Erik himself as Mr Paucar didn’t want to play the game as he’s definitively the worst shit covered scumbag of the earth.
Two foreign scene reports appear: Lebanon (written by an OATH TO VANQUISH member) and France (Guess who wrote it?). This is a cool article Erik featured regularly in his past issues and I like the idea a lot).
I just miss some gigs reports (I know there was some in the previous issues) just to have an idea of the mood at foreign gigs, to make me feel my country sucks, ahah!
A pure product from European underground, maybe not evil enough for some narrow-minded cunts, but a good fanzine indeed. Next issue will be an anniversary, and I’ll be ready to drink some beers Erik!
Contact:

korpsefire@gmail.com

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire