vendredi 2 avril 2010

Normandie Invasion Zine #1 review

NORMANDIE INVASION ‘zine #1 (France)
Summer 2007 – Inhuman Homicide Records
22 pages A5 – French written

Another newcomer in the fanzine edition, this small ‘zine decides to cover the Norman (North-East France) metal/hardcore/grind scene in a way of bands presentation. So each bands is featured with 6 or 7 questions, that’s a bit short according to me coz’ that hardly could quench the thirst of the average metal-head I think. Some bands have definitively hit the spirit of the usual undergrounder like SICKBAG, HEADCHARGER or ROTTING FAITH, on the contrary more unknown ones like BBARBAPAPPA BUTCHERY (the most stupid moniker on earth!), STRONGHOLD or URGL who are said to be well known in the underground according to the editor, seems to be more considered as a joke to me (B. BUTCHERY and their stupid grind with unbearable drum machine). I even wonder if the editor didn’t feature his own band in the ‘zine, I would find this quite strange if you see what I mean, but after all it’s his own ‘zine.
A good point is that the ‘zine comes with a compilation CDR featuring 2 tracks of each bands interviewed. Pretty cool idea that enables you to know what is good and what you should avoid!
Each band has its actual release reviewed but in the end you have only 11 reviews done in a too much positive way if you ask me.
All in all, I like the principle of N. INVASION but I think the content must be thickened to really kick ass. I wonder if the next issue will still focus on the same region of will dig another French ground.
Contact: Yoann GAUTIER – 55 rue Lacordaire – 75015 PARIS – FRANCE
http://inhumanhomicide.ifrance.com

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire