lundi 5 avril 2010

MORTAL TORMENT demo 2006 review

MORTAL TORMENT (Gre) – Infernal odium schizophrenia
Demo CD 2006 – Self released
3 tracks – 12’24
Rated: 4/10
Pretty unusual to hear death metal coming from Greece as the Greek underground is more crowded by black or black death metal but we won’t complain about that. Coming from Athens this quintet has the particularity to own a female fronted singer but I don’t think it is something outstanding nowadays but at least she may be the only greek female singer into death metal I know from here. Here growls are not spectacular but at the same time she does not feel ashamed compared to some guys as her way of singing is acceptable.
Her male comrades take in charge the musical duty and chose the brutal death metal way with rather efficient riffs easy to remember but a bit still heard before. MORTAL TORMENT sometimes plays in the deathcore way I don’t like those parts which I consider too much predictable. Fortunately there are a lot of blasting parts that impose MORTAL TORMENT as a brutal band. I hope MORTAL TORMENT will keep the death metal side and even increase it. I fear they will do the contrary. The last track “Mortal torment” may confirm my statement with its harcore break that is just awful to me. I would name DYING FETUS (although MORTAL TORMENT is far less technical) and INTERNAL BLEEDING as comparisons.
The demo comes in a DVD box with a live video CD with a raw performance, a cool bonus showing the band is hardworking and motivated.
Contact: mortaltorment@hotmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/mortaltormentband

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire