lundi 5 avril 2010

TALES OF BLOOD Horror of the flesh Review

TALES OF BLOOD (Fr) – Horror of the flesh
MCD 2006 – Painkiller Records
5 tracks – 20’38
Rated: 5/10

Back to the old school way! I didn’t know TALES OF BLOOD before I saw them live (check my gig review somewhere in these pages) and I can say their moniker wasn’t very breathtaking. And then I bought their MCD “Horror of the flesh” because I found them good on stage and maybe because the other bands sucked!
TALES OF BLOOD is stuck in the early 90’s European death metal, and certainly worship GRAVE’s debut effort, as well as demos & EP. You must be a fan of early death metal to fully get into “Horror of the flesh” and if originality is banned from your principles. Yes there’s nothing new that hasn’t been done before, yes some ways of playing riffs have been heard before, yes the deep vocals are monotonous, but fuck TALES OF BLOOD has this touch of morbidity that satisfies my hunger for dead flesh. Early GRAVE, first AVULSED and sometimes ABHORRENCE can be extirpated from this mass of pus. I would have given one more point if the band had included more guitar solos. The band doesn’t want to impress anyone and is destined to the old bastards that can’t stand this wave of plastic brutal death bands.

Info: www.talesofblood.com

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire